Here you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about wood/laminate underfloor heating, if none of these answers satisfy your query then just fill in our enquiry slip on our contact us page, and we will reply to you with an answer promptly.
1. Can you have underfloor heating under wood or laminate floors?
Of course you can, simply install the carbon underfloor heating system.
2. What is carbon heating film?
Carbon heating film is a double laminated plastic heating film that is 0.03mm thick.
3. Can I use carbon film in a bathroom?
No – the carbon heating film is not an ‘earthed’ product and therefore cannot be installed in a bathroom.
4. What happens if I damage the carbon film?
It depends on where the damage is and how bad, it would best to contact us at email@example.com
5. Can I use an engineered wooden floor over the top?
Engineered wood flooring is the preferred type of flooring to use, because engineered flooring has a man made structure with a natural wooden veneer to the surface which make it very stable and perfect for underfloor heating.
6. How warm will the laminate underfloor heating get?
The laminate underfloor heating system is designed to warm the floor to a comfortable temperature, it does this via the digital thermostat that warm the floor up to the temperature you set it to it turns the power off then back on again as it begins to cool down, this happens up to 3 times a minute for maximum control.
7. Can I use real wood flooring or does it have to be engineered/laminate?
The short answer is yes, but you do need to check with the flooring supplier to make sure that the wood is suitable for underfloor heating.
8. How easy is it for me to install laminate underfloor heating?
Our laminate underfloor heating systems are aimed at the diy market.